How to make a GIF file from a video using an online service
How to create your own GIF in a few minutes and download it to your device. GIF files are quite popular in messengers, but you can create your own collection and surprise your friends with them. We will use an online service that will help us create GIFs for free. The only thing we will need is a link to the video we want, for example from YouTube.
How to create your own GIF using an online service:
1. Go to the website. The main page of the service opens up. We are immediately asked to provide a link to the video from which we want to make a GIF file.
2. Paste the video link and the site will automatically start collecting information about this link and will begin uploading the video to the program. If the service does not start processing the link after it is inserted, click the “Get video” button.
3. Once the service has processed our link and loaded the video, a settings panel will open, which we will now go through.
The very first slider is responsible for the number of seconds that our gif will be, set any value you need from 0-15s. In the right part of the panel, this is also the responsibility of the “Duration Seconds” item.
The second slider controls the time from which to start making a GIF file from your video. Below is a player with a video, you can directly choose the beginning on it. This time will also be displayed in the right part of the settings menu, in the “Start time” item.
Choose the format and filters. If some items are unclear to you, there is a “Question mark” on the right when you hover over it, it will show you the difference between this or that parameter.
You can also add text to your GIF. Click on the “Add Text” button.
A window will open where you can write your text, choose a font, styles, location and color. To save the text, click on “Update & Close”.
4. When all the settings are completed, we can see the result. Click on “Create GIF” and our file will begin to be created. When the file is finished creating, we will have a finished GIF that we can view.
5. To download the GIF, you need to click on the “DOWNLOAD” button that appears.
The file will be successfully downloaded to your device.