Quiche – french recipe with love
Quiche is a French open pie. You can cook it in different ways. This is exactly the recipe in which one can apply imagination. Quiche can be served both cold and hot, its palatability will not change. Try to cook it, and maybe you will surprise yourself with an excellent result. Be brave, and let’s go!
• Flour 175 g
• Salt pinch
• Butter 75 g
• Cheddar cheese 250 g
• 4 tomatoes
• Bacon 200 g
• 5 eggs
• Milk 100 ml
• Cream 200 ml
• Black pepper and thyme (both if you want)
1. Mix flour and salt in a bowl. In there, add softened butter until crumbs form. Add a couple of spoons of cold water to make the dough soft. Wrap and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Take out the dough and roll it into a thin layer. Put in the form. Put it back in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
4. Sprinkle the dough with beans and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and bake for another 5 minutes. Beans act here as a press. Cover it with the entire surface of the dough.
5. Reduce the temperature to 160 degrees.
6. Grate the cheddar and put it on the bottom of the mold. Add the tomatoes, sliced into thin slices, and lightly toasted slices of bacon.
7. Mix milk, eggs and cream in a bowl. Pour it in a blend of cheese and bacon. Sprinkle with pepper and thyme on top.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the dough has set, and the edges of the quiche are not browned.
9. Let the dish cool slightly and serve it. Bon appétit!