We create applications of our site for Android smartphones (APK) without knowledge of programming languages.
In this article, we will describe in detail how to create applications for your web resource without knowledge of programming languages. We will tell you what program to download and how to install it. A completely simple and step-by-step guide on how to create an application for your Android phone and download it to your smartphone.
The process of installing the program to create an application:
1. Go to the site and download the program to your PC. Click the button “Download Android Studio”
The User Agreement will be displayed, read it and at the bottom click the checkbox “I have read and agree with the above terms and condition”
Download the utility using the button “Download Android Studio Dolphin 2021.3.1 Patch 1 for Windows”
2. Open the downloaded file and proceed to install the program by intuitively clicking “Next” in the utility installer.
In the last window, click “Install” and wait for the installation
When it is written in the installer that it is installed (Completed), press “Next” and then “Finish” and the program will start running
3. The “Import Android Studio Settings” window is displayed, select “Do not import setting” if you do not have the necessary files and click “OK”
4. A welcome email opens asking you to allow Google to collect data about the use of Android Studio. I click “Don`t send”, you can complete this item as you wish. When you have completed this action, click “Next”.
In the next window, we will be offered installation types, “Standart” (Android Studio will be installed with the most common settings and options. Recommended for most users) and Custom (You can customize installation options and installed components). I choose the recommended installation method and move on by clicking the “Next” button
Select the topic of the program and click “Next”
At the final installation window, you will be asked to accept the “Terms and Conditions”. We accept using the “Accept” button, click “Finish” and the program starts the installation.
We create an application for our website:
1. After installation, you have opened the application creation program. Click “New project” in the main menu of the utility.
2. In the next step, select “Empry Activity” and click “Next” at the bottom of the program.
3. Enter the name of our application, select the language “Java” and click “Finish”
4. The project was successfully created, now we need to fix something, don’t be afraid, there is nothing complicated here, I will provide all the data below. Go to the left panel of the utility and open the “App -> Manifests -> AndroidManifest.xml” section.
5. We prescribe here the rights that our application will need in order for it to have access to the Internet. Before “<application” we write the following command:
6. Go to the section “RES -> layout -> activity_main.xml”
7. From the top, switch the display mode to “Split” to see the source code of this file.
8. Remove the current “TextView” text component from the code (everything that is highlighted in the screenshot)
9. We add a new component WebView – a component of the system, like a mini browser, which is responsible for viewing content on your site in applications on the phone.
We write the following:
<WebView android:id="@+id/webview_id" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent"></WebView>
10. Open the code of the file “MainActivity.java” and delete everything except the first line from here
11. Then paste this code.
At the end of the code, in the “webview.loaUrl(“site name”) section, specify your site from which you want to make your application.
12. At the top of the utility, click on the “Play” icon to see how it looks like in the android emulator
13. To save the Apk file of your created application, you need to click “Build -> Build Bundles (s) / APK (s) -> Build APK (s) in the top menu of the program
Go to the folder where the APK file was downloaded, usually it is the “debug” folder – AndroidStudioProjects\FinkstockApp\app\build\outputs\apk\debug and transfer this file to your phone, for example via Telegram and install it on your smartphone.
Now you have an application on your android smartphone of your resource! I hope the article was useful for you!